Applications are now open.
Les Dames d’Escoffier International
Micro-Grants for Women in the Food, Beverage & Hospitality Industries
The Minnesota Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for our micro-grant program Dame It! Dollars.
These one-time grants aim to support small business owners, food service employees and those interested in the field. We understand that small amounts of money provided at the right time can have a large impact. This program has been a success since it’s start in 2017 awarding grants to fourteen women and for more than $7000 in total!
About the DameIt! Dollars Microgrant Program
Women in the food and fine beverage industries often face long hours, low-pay and difficult working conditions. These one-time grants aim to provide support to women in the field including small business owners, food service employees and those interested in the field. We understand that small amounts of money provided at the right time can have a large impact. Grants can include but are not limited to:
- Business promotion (website, promotional events, social media)
- Equipment purchases
- Short-term classes including certification courses
- Industry conference fees
- Business expansion
- Professional development
The Micro-Grants are competitively awarded by a panel assessing the applicant’s career goals, leadership qualities and perceived need. The amount of each grant may vary depending on the specific amount requested and the funds available.
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grants are offered on a competitive basis and normally run about $500. The amount of each grant may vary depending on the request and funds available. Grants may fully or only partially cover the expenses applied for. Micro-grants are reviewed and awarded by a committee assessing the applicant’s goals, leadership qualities and perceived need.
Eligibility and Funding Guidelines
- Candidates must be women currently living in/or employed in the state of Minnesota.
- Candidates must be focused on working in the food, beverage or hospitality industries.
- Candidates must have specific goals in mind in relation to the grant.
- Grant recipients are responsible for arranging for and initially paying for their request. Reimbursements will be made promptly upon receiving proof of the purchase or payment of expenses relating to the grant. Classes and conferences must be completed before reimbursement will be issued.
- If the reimbursement procedure presents a financial hardship, please give an explanation in your application.
- Grant recipients agree to provide MN LDEI with a photo and short summary of their goals and use of the grant for publication in the MN LDEI newsletter.
- MN LDEI members in good standing who have been members for at least a year are eligible to apply.
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grants do not cover funding for:
- Undergraduate or graduate school tuition
- Business debt payments or business salary payments
- Personal expenses (such as rent, food, transportation)
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grant Application Form
If you are unable to use the online form below, you may download Dame-It-Dollars-Micro-Grants-Information-and-Application updated 6.10.21 (a Microsoft Word file) and submit it to: MNLesDames@gmail.com