Les Dames d’Escoffier International
Micro-Grants for Women in the Food, Beverage & Hospitality Industries
The Minnesota Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for our micro-grant program Dame It! Dollars.
These one-time grants aim to support small business owners, food service employees and those interested in the field. We understand that small amounts of money provided at the right time can have a large impact.
Grants can include but are not limited to:
- Business promotion (website, promotional events, social media)
- Equipment purchases
- Short-term classes including certification courses
- Industry conference fees
- Business expansion
- Professional development
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grants are offered on a competitive basis and normally run about $500. The amount of each grant may vary depending on the request and funds available. Grants may fully or only partially cover the expenses applied for. Micro-grants are reviewed and awarded by a committee assessing the applicant’s goals, leadership qualities and perceived need.
Applications are now open and accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified within 3 months as to the status of their request.
Eligibility and Funding Guidelines:
- Candidates must be women currently living in/or employed in the state of Minnesota.
- Candidates must be focused on working in the food, beverage or hospitality industries.
- Candidates must have specific goals in mind in relation to the grant.
- Grant recipients are responsible for arranging for and initially paying for their request. Reimbursements will be made promptly upon receiving proof of the purchase or payment of expenses relating to the grant. Classes and conferences must be completed before reimbursement will be issued.
- If the reimbursement procedure presents a financial hardship, please give an explanation in your application.
- Grant recipients must agree to provide MN LDEI with a photo and short summary of their goals and use of the grant, for publication in the MN LDEI newsletter and possible future promotional materials.
- MN LDEI members in good standing who have been members for at least a year are eligible to apply.
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grants do not cover funding for:
- Undergraduate or graduate school tuition
- Business debt payments or business salary payments
- Personal expenses (such as rent, food, transportation)
Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grant Application Form
If you are unable to use the online form below, you may download Dame It! Dollars Micro-Grants – Information and Application (a Microsoft Word file) and submit it to: MNLesDames@gmail.com